Two funny quotes that were said in Relief Society last Sunday. Our lesson was taught by kate and titled "Having a Happy and Successful Marriage." It was muy excelente!
Kate: "Now, ladies, I found 2 really good scripture verses about the purpose of marriage. Let's open up to Genesis 1:28, which talks about a commandment regarding marriage."
Dora: "Thou shalt not kill."
Lisa: (Reading out loud to us, verse 28, which talks about replenishing the earth and being fruitful) ".....Be fruitful and multiply and...."
Kate: (raises up her fist in the air) "Go Lydia!"
Lydia is a mother of 8, the youngest being just a few months old.
Kids are the darnedest things. They will say anything and they will repeat what they hear. In this case, 3-year old Levi Hatch is the offspring of Rana and Jason Hatch, who are one of the best people I know and whom I look up to as a married couple (does that mean trouble?). I know the couple well, I watched their sons at their house while they were gone on vacation. They joke a lot about many things and are so open about themselves, especially around me and I love it. Sarah and I were over last night for FHE. The five of us, including Levi, stood around in the kitchen, talking. We were talking about a friend of mine, who gave birth to her stillborn son. It was known to the family that this new baby was going to be stillborn; he had trisomy 13. This 2lb. baby was, without a doubt, beautiful even though he had not been able to breathe life. He was born without a brain, eyes and a nose. He had beautiful legs and arms, cute ears, fingers that you just want to hold and never let go, and sweet tiny little lips.
I said to Jason, "Imagine not having eyes and no nose."
Jason: I think I'd look hot without eyes and a nose.
Me: "Rana, do you agree?"
Rana: "I think he'd look hot without a mouth." Note: Jason talks ALOT .
Jason: (thinking for a while with this appalling look on his face) "No sex for you tonight, dearie."
We all laughed and laughed at what he said. All Rana could do was laugh, too. Suddenly, Levi ran up to Rana, his mom and shouted out,
"No sex for you tonight, Mommy!"
Needless to say, we're all hoping he doesn't say that in church; Jason is the first counselor in the bishopric!
4 comments:
hey meghan, this is robin tanner! i found your blog on accident! i hope you are doing great!
Hey Ms. Meghan - that definitely was an interesting RS lesson last Sunday.
btw - you are wonderful. You know that don't you?
hahaha! the hatch's are awesome.
That is hilarious---especially the bit about the Hatch's.
Post a Comment