Saturday, January 26, 2008

Vacation sites of 2007

I got tagged by Cynthia on her blog...I'm supposed to list places in 2007 that I stayed at overnight; this is not in order. I think this is just Cynthia's way to get me to write again on my blog....well, it's working!

1. Rocky Point, Mexico
2. Thatcher, AZ
3. Many other cities in AZ
4. San Diego, California
5. Tijuana, Mexico
6. Chihuahua, Mexico
7. Colonia Juarez, Mexico
8. Cave-in-Rock, Illinois
9. Nauvoo, Illinois
10. Provo, Utah

I tag: Heidi, Rachel, Jennie, and Kacie.

I think that's it; that's all I can remember for now. I wish I could add Lake Havasu City, AZ on that list but it won't be in 2007....It'll be February 1st, 2008! Cliff and I are leaving Friday morning and coming back Sunday night to go to Lake Havasu City, where Cliff grew up. I've already met his mom here (I had dinner with her and Cliff's sister, Jessica) but I'll be meeting the rest of his family. I'm so stoked; I can't wait! Aww. Last time I saw Cliff was yesterday afternoon and I miss him already.

This year has been a really great year for me, for the most part. I like all my classes and have amazing, really nice teachers. My classes are hard and I will see how it goes. I turned in my application to the Utah School of Dental Hygiene in Orem, Utah and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I'm hoping my stake president has already mailed in his recommendation. If I don't get accepted, then I'm staying here in the valley but moving to Tempe with Katie, Rachel, and maybe Kirsten. I'm really looking forward to that! I've already made up so many plans about the house, having a dog, and having an amazing kitchen, that it's making me more excited to stay here than going to Utah. The girls and I have already established some rules in case we do go ahead with this moving plan. I am no longer nannying the family that I worked with since I'm in school all 5 days of the week but I am babysitting the kids every once in a while at night, when I'm not busy and on a few Saturdays. I contacted the United Blood Services about a donor care specialist (phlebotomist) job but they won't start accepting applications until the beginning of February. I have been baking up a STORM in the kitchen these last few weeks. Today, I made a chocolate bundt cake from scratch with homemade white and dark chocolate glaze that I will dub "Chocolate Risque." Recently, I made homemade meat balls for the spaghetti that my family and I had for dinner. It turned out delicious! HmmHmm! Oh, I would buy EVERYTHING at Michaels if I could. When I went to Cedar City 2 weeks ago with a few girlfriends of mine, I stopped by the crafts store there because everything is cheap there. You know why? it's mormonville. Nonetheless, I went nuts over what I saw. I bought wooden shadow boxes/pictures frames that I can decorate myself and "LOVE" in wooden letters that I have already spray painted and is hanging up in the living room right now. I spray painted them red. Eventually, I'll put up random pictures in my next post.

Sorry that this post is very much scrambled! It's been a while since I've posted, though not a long while, mind you Cynthia.

10 comments:

Cynthia said...

Well, Meghan - I don't know if I can give you your full credit for listing "many other cities in AZ", but I'll let it pass this once. However you get 10 points deducted from the total. Except the points are just made up and there is no prize so it doesn't really matter.
You are always doing fun things and are always busy. Do you ever just sit and read trash novels?
(hope not).
Have fun in Lake Havasu.

Meghan and Randy said...

Cynth, you say you will let it pass this once yet you deduct 10 points from my total. That's disallowed. If you let it pass, then I deserve the full 10. We should make up a prize. Whoever obtains the most points has to do the dishes at the winner's house.

You may say trash novels...I say romance novels. I read them ALL the time. Cliff says he'll get me 20 cheesy novels for my birthday since I am reading them all the time. Now, they're usually good books. A lot of them are LDS romance books. I've come across a few hot and steamy paragraphs, though. They certainly live up to the genre "Romance Novel."

Cynthia said...

Hey, I made up the points and so I get to make up the rules too.
So - now I'm curious as to what constitutes a "hot and steamy" LDS Romance novel.

Rachel Helton said...

hahaha

Jennie said...

Ahhh the life of constant decisions of where to go and what to do for education! You're so ambitious! It reminds me of someone :)

I know you'll make the right choice no matter what it is!

Meghan and Randy said...

I'm going to quote something from a romance novel I got from a LDS bookstore in Cedar City. "Timeless Waltz" by Anita Stansfield.

"Jane felt as if her spirit might fly out of her body and let out a shout of joy that could penetrate the universe. When Alex's lips first met hers, she couldn't help wondering if he had read her mind- or perhaps her eyes. When he had kissed her again, she wondered at what point she had completely lost all her senses- and her sensibility...." "Never had she imagined a kiss could be so completely spiritual and at the same time penetrate her every nerve. When she felt his broad arms come around her, she found herself praying that this moment would be the beginning of forever..." "He took her palm into his, and in his typical way he pressed his lips into her palm while he kept his eyes intently focused on hers. She relished the expected tremor that reverberated up her arm and landed in her stomach with a distinct flutter. "I love it when you do that...the way you do that.""

This, my friend, is what constitutes a hot and steamy LDS romance novel.

Cynthia said...

Lost all her senses and sensibility with a kiss? well, a passionate kiss indeed! I don't think a kiss in the palm is covered in the "Don't" section of Strength of Youth so I guess you're ok.

Unknown said...

No way...did you know that I am from Cedar City?

Meghan and Randy said...

Why, yes a passionate kiss indeed! As for the palm kiss, it is not covered in the "Strength of Youth" pamphlet but really..."She relished the expected tremor that reverberated up her arm and landed in her stomach with a distinct flutter." Doesn't that give you goosebumps? And Cynthia, imagine the way she says "I love it when you do that..." It's like saying to Dave, "Dave, I love it when you do the dishes."

Meghan and Randy said...

Heidi, you're from Cedar City?! How cool! In which area of it are you from? I was near the university there. I went almost everywhere in that city.