Randy studied a bit for his midterms this week then we took off for my cabin! We met my brother and wife there and it was a lot of fun being with them! I'm so glad Randy got a chance to know Josh better. Marie and I really got to talk alot and divulge girl chat to each other. I'm so grateful for them and especially for Josh! I love that man- he is my hero. Unfortunately, Randy got sick in the middle of our trip and it was difficult for him the last day but he was a trooper. He slept the whole way home and took it easy the next couple of days. He's feeling better now- love you honey! Here are some pictures to document the trip. I took quite a few but felt they weren't very good quality.
Not a very good picture of me- I had just gotten out of the shower but it was snowing!
in our Ranger crusin.
Josh and I!
We drove to town in this :)
We had a dinner picnic! Marie and I had dinner all ready for the boys when they woke up from their naps.
When you look at the next few pictures of Josh starting at the one above, notice his face expressions during Monopoly! He is quite the character and really gets into it. :)
We stripped poor Randy of his money! 
Fixing my watch that we later had a funeral for. Not really.
Talking on the phone.
Sad because our ATV ran out of gas!
My favorite four-wheeler. It has 250 ccs but man, it feels like it has 400ccs. And it's very sturdy and stable unlike some atvs you ride on.
I took some pictures as I was driving on the highway and these were the best ones. When our atv died, it stalled in front of a house. Randy suggested we go and ask the owners for some gas so we did. A guy opened the house with a smile on his face and immediately said, "Hola! Como estas!" With a surprised look (you don't meet too many spanish speakers in Heber), I replied in broken spanish, "Hola! Bien y tu? Nuestro vehiculo es murio y necesitamos gas. Tiene usted gas?" He was so willing and searched his entire porch and backyard for gas! He found a gas tank with very little in it and told us there's not enough but we replied that anything will help. He was so helpful! Randy and I filled up the atv with the gas he had left and then offered to pay him but he refused. Good thing because I don't think neither one of us had cash with us :) We were able to start the atv with the little gas, just barely enough to get us back home (it died again as soon we pulled into the garage). Anyhow, shortly after that, I realized that stopping by this man's house might actually have been God's hand in all this. We wanted to go up to the mountains and there was a street we had passed that would've taken us up to the mountains. After I had passed that street, I kept thinking, "We need to turn around and go to that street" but I kept driving straight. Our atv eventually died. When we turned around to go back home, we drove past that street again and as we drove by, I took a look at the street and there were no houses there whatsoever! It may not mean much to some of you but when the Lord takes a hand in our lives, I'm grateful for it. Also, the Lord obviously didn't want Randy to walk because of his illness. :)
Speaking of which...I am now sick. I got sick last Sunday- I had to leave sacrament early and went to Randy's. I am still pretty sick but getting better slowly- Randy drove me to the doctor yesterday and he put me on antibiotics. I don't remember what it's called but it's been working.
I'm so grateful for Randy! He surprised me with a purple calla lily yesterday and didn't tell me he was coming. I had been so sick of being sick yesterday and felt like crying but I held it back. When Randy came and cuddled with me and I squeezed him, I felt like letting it all out. I did a little but not too much- once I start crying, it's hard for me to stop. He stayed with me the rest of the day. Watched a movie with me. Cuddled with me. Sat down next to me on the bathroom floor for however long I was there. Drove me to the doctor and was with me inside the room. Told me I was pretty several times. Made me feel beautiful and loved. I'm grateful to have this man in my life!
4 comments:
Awwww.. so cute.. and sad. I am so sorry babe you have been so sick. Between the two of you you both better have some great health insurance! I am so happy Randy found you! He is so lucky!
Sooo happy I found your blog!
Sorry you guys have been sick! Looks like you still have been having fun!
It sounds like you had a great time at the cabin. I can't believe it was snowing (since it's so warm down here!).
Sounds like a great time! Sorry about being sick, it took you a while to get better too! But you still managed to have fun! I'm so glad you have Randy, you guys definitely deserve each other!
Post a Comment