Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A multitude

Randy and I did something two weeks ago that was really for fun for us: we got our marriage license! We got it early in case Exxon needed physical proof of our upcoming marriage. I can't find the picture of us with the license but oh well.
Randy and I booked our flights to Virginia! We are officially moving to Fairfax, VA June 16th. We will spend a few days looking for a place and getting acquainted with the area then on the 22nd, we're flying out to Puerto Rico for a week! Randy's brother, Nick and his family are moving out there this weekend for Nick's work with Johnson & Johnson. We thought it'd be great to visit them and travel around a bit while we have time before Randy starts work. I am looking forward to it and very excited! I sang to Randy, "I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!" Randy and I are planning on spending 2 days on the other side of the island for some time ourselves. Ooh la la.
Randy bought a bike recently so it has been nice knowing that we now have 2 bikes and we can go bike riding together! We've gone a few times. We put a bike rack on our gift registry (target) but we've been looking into craigslist also. We've been around my neighborhood a few times and took our bikes up with us to a camping trip last week which brings me to my next topic.

We went up to Horseshoe Lake with my parents and met up with my family ward. It was really fun! The fireside was nice being surrounded by campfire, meeting up with people I hadn't seen in a while, riding our bikes while following David pulling everyone on his tractor and trailer, and camping in a tent snuggled in a sleeping bag next to Randy (my parents were right next to us :) so don't you worry about a thing ).

My parents are in JAMAICA! I drove them to the airport at 3am yesterday morning. I hope they are having such fun! They will not be back until Saturday evening and looking forward to souvenirs they'll bring home. Because mom is gone, I'm home watching the kids for her. For those of you who don't know, my mom runs a daycare business here at the house. She's been doing it for the past 28 years and it has allowed her to make money herself and still be at home with her kids. Except this time, I'm the one making the money this week!


46 more days!


Our boat that we brought to horseshoe lake. Photo courtesy of Cindy Hale- thanks.


2 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

So funny you updated the blog today... Randy gave me the whole low down of all you guys did today at the institute! I am so happy he found you. He is for sure the lucky one!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

So fun! I love the picture! You two are so cute!