Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Update

So I feel like it's been a while since I've blogged even though it's been only 2 weeks. I have some free time right now so I thought I'd update you all on everything that's happened! Pictures will be forthcoming.


April 11th was my birthday- it was great! Randy took me out to dinner to My Florist, an excellent restaurant, then took me back to my house where a bunch of my friends and family were there as a surprise. I knew something was going on at my house for me but it was definitely a surprise having them hide outside instead of inside! Randy and I went to his family ward's easter party with his family and nephews the next day- I love them. I got 3 frames from my family- they were on my registry and I love them! Randy got me a set of scriptures with "Meghan K. Winward" engraved on them- they are so beautiful.


April 22nd- I got ENDOWED! It was such a beautiful experience! Okay...I'll be honest. I thought it was a little weird at first but as time went on, it made more sense. I LOVED LOVED having family there- my parents, my brother and his wife, Randy's parents, Maddy (sister in law), my friend Katie and her husband, and then of course Randy. I get to sit next to him every time because the closed captioning and sign language are usually on one side only. Afterwards we went to Dairy Queen- YUM! I was STARVING. The following week, Randy and I went again but this time, we went with the Lythgoes, the Menloves, Devin Bryce, and David McKellar. So much fun! Kandis is now a missionary! Sister Lythgoe is at the MTC right now for 2 months studying espanol for the Northern New York mission. We will miss her!


I'm really excited to go to the Washington, D.C. temple! I would like to visit as many temples as I can in my lifetime.


*Updated: I realized I do not have pictures of my birthday or of the temple but here is one from being with Kandis at dinner afterwards:



P.S. I've known these 3 for what feels like a lifetime! Kandis and I have known each other since we were 8, Devin with the glasses since we were around 13, and David and I since about...15 but we started becoming better friends 2 years ago. Devin came back from a mission last year in Mexico and David has been called to Australia this July!

No comments: