Friday, July 17, 2009

So we've been settling here quite well in Virginia. I will post pics of our apartment here soon. I have a video that we sent to our family members but for this, I'll just take pictures.

Randy started his first day of work last Wednesday. He's my handsome businessman! He's really cute- he'll ask me once in a while if his tie matches or if he looks good. :) They got a lot of things done on the first day- badge, office, everything. Yesterday, our insurance was set up with Exxon. I must say it's a very good insurance plan that we chose and I'm happy with it by far. My cochlear implant will be covered and we'll be able to have Randy's intestines checked out (he's having problems with gluten- yesterday, I bought gluten-free bread from Whole Foods so we'll see how that goes today when he eats it- just a little experiment). It'd cost us $75 to have a kid and regarding dental, I'll be able to get my wisdom teeth out at no extra cost to us. We'll see how dental plans go when I start my job- if people will ever call me back or respond back to me somehow regarding jobs. Oh well. My boss- the dentist- would work on my teeth and Randys' for a very small fee and at times, no charge.

It's beautiful in Virginia so far. We've been experiencing dry heat which they say, is unusual at this time of year but I'm getting used to the humidity day by day. Last Monday, Randy and I took a bus then the metro (like the subway) into DC, toured the Holocaust Museum and the White House, walked around DC, ate dinner at Chef Geoffs during happy hour (so yummy!), and then took the metro back into VA and a cab back home. It was really nice! We were tired by the end but you know what was interesting though? The people! There are so many varieties of people everywhere- now, we know this, but you don't realize it until you see them in their natural environment. It was interesting to watch people come to the restaurant during Happy hour with their coworkers, drink wine/beer, and laugh. The culture here in the east coast is definitely different than the west coast but I love the difference and being in a new place.

Yesterday, Randy and I have been married for 2 months! This feels longer. We were both so into our day (Randy at work and me taking care of Hannah and Ethan) that we both didn't realize it until we got home at the same time. We asked each other questions from the book, "What we wish we'd known when we were newlyweds" and "300 questions to ask your fiancee." We went into some pretty good and serious dicussions. I definitely recommend to all you couples out there to get one of those books. It doesn't matter if you're not married but dating someone, newly married, or 15 years married. No matter!

We have internet, cable, and a landline in our apartment. The landline is just for emergencies. We like our cable- we don't watch tv very much but when we do, it's usually together and we watch funny shows. We recently ordered FITTV which I absolutely LOVE! I get up early, do some exercises, shower, and then get ready to go out. Sometimes Randy will join me and sometimes we'll do it for fun at night together. I'd like to be more fit, not skinnier- just fit. Two years ago, I was so into my weight and I was dating someone at that time whom I felt wasn't being very supportive of me and never told me I was beautiful or gave me any encouraging words about myself. So I guess, in a way, I felt like if I lost more weight, he would say something. Which really, was completely ridiculous of me. I felt like he was trying to turn me into his trophy girlfriend. After we broke up, I realized it and that I never cared anything for him after all, I started eating better, started working out not with the intention to get skinnier but the intention to get healthier. I still have that intention and luckily, I have a husband who is so caring, who loves me for not only who I am, my personality, my quirks, but also for my body. We encourage each other to get out there and be active so it is really nice and your body really does reward you for it! So get out there, guys! Sorry for that- and for my little history of the day- the sun at the pool with the kids got to me. Anyways, happy Friday!!!!

1 comment:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Ok so after I got off the phone with Randy I immediately ran to the computer and didn't have time to comment!

First! I love the east. Yes, it is so different but it also has such history that we out here don't have and I think that history is so important and I think you both will love being in a place that almost makes you learn on a daily basis.

Second. What is this fittv? I have started a new work out regimen and this whatever it may be sounds like heaven... do address more fully for those of us lacking out here!

Thrid. You are beautiful. Dumb man that one.

Lastly. I am so amazed that you both sound so amazing! I am so happy for you both and can't wait for our skype date!