Friday, August 14, 2009

I got my wisdom teeth out this morning- yes ladies and gentlemen, I did! It wasn't so bad actually considering the fact I look like a tiny chipmunk. :) I was put under and they took out all 4. They were all underneath the gums so it was pretty tough but I'm not feeling too much pain. Thank you Vicodin. I have a pretty high pain tolerance none the less so that does help but having Randy here helps too! He went to the store to get my prescriptions and brought back a dozen roses. :) Can you say "Aww?" AWWW. He's able to work from home now so that is nice. I did warn him, however, to not get too comfortable because he still needs to work with co-workers and he'll learn better in office. I'm recovering pretty well- in fact, I'm hoping to go see the Time Travelers Wife tonight after Randy gets home tonight from a missionary exchange! We'll see- pray and cross your fingers!

I was also in the ER last Saturday afternoon. I woke up Saturday morning with severe abdominal pains and just bore it for a few hours until Randy insisted we go. So off we went. Good thing the hospital is next door to us (we never hear ambulances or anything of that sort in case you were wondering). A few tests, iv line, and sleeping, we were back home. They couldn't diagnose anything but based on the results of the cat scan, it has to do with my small intestine so I need to see a GI doctor. Honestly, my wisdom teeth pain doesn't even compare to what that was. Haha, I even went to CVS and got a pregnancy test before the ER trip. Obviously, it was negative. Or was it?





Just kidding, it was negative. But I think I got you for a sec there.

Randy's been doing really well at work! He's enjoying it. Randy has a lot of things going on at work and once he learns a few computer systems, they'll put him in charge of a few projects. So They're taking good care of him and making sure he's comfortable. I'm happy they're doing that. We've been doing great on one car- the transmission is acting a little different so we're praying our car will make it as we need it to make. We've been looking into Hondas and Toyotas since they're the 2 cars that last the longest. I'd like to save up enough first to pay for it in cash- either most of it or all of it. But I'll settle for most or even half of it. We'll be darn proud if we do all of it in cash. Hmm, I typed in "Damn" but decided to change it to "darn." I really don't swear, trust me- just expressing how proud I would be. :)

Last night, we skyped with Nick and Maddy, Gary and Angela. Funny conversations! Dillon, our new nephew, is ADORABLE! We were able to see him through skype and he is so cute. I agree with Randy, guys- you two made a good mix. Here's one of my favorite conversations that happened.

Nick was iming to us while talking at first so we were all iming each other at random times while speaking to each other on conference call.

Nick: "TESTING IM 1, 2, 3...
Nick: "I need to pick my nose.
Randy: said something to Gary
Nick: "Uh...did I write that?
Meghan: "I need to scratch my butt (pretending to be Randy on IM)
Nick: "Who wrote that? Randy or Meghan?
Randy: Megs. Mom- it's ok. (Randy's mom was with Gary and Ang at the time, helping with the baby).
We all started laughing and Randy casually says to the speakers with our webcam, "Yeah mom, don't worry. I know you don't like the word butt."
Meghan: "Rear, then.
Gary: "It's a good thing Dillon can't read this stuff.

4 comments:

Gary and Angela said...

That was so nice to be able to skype with you guys! It is nice that you are able to see Dillon even though you live in Virginia. You have to come back to AZ soon so you can actually hold him!

Jennie said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! I'm glad Randy is able to be there to help you out. And hopefully you won't have anymore problems with your stomach pains!

Anonymous said...

haha! loved your pause in the middle. and yes, you got me. :]

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

It was fun to skype with you guys! Dillon is adorable! Sorry to hear about your wisdom teeth and tummy pain! No fun. Keep us updated!