Thursday, August 26, 2010

Now that I am not working anymore, I told myself I would be better at updating this blog. I think not!

I can't remember when I last updated this blog. Oh yes, I was in Phoenix. That was a great time! I went right before my travel cut-off date and was able to score a flight ticket for $160. Yes, that includes tax and all that! Pretty sweet. I was there for 2 1/2 weeks. It was a long time away from Randy- too long! But luckily, he was also out of town for a week and a few days while I was gone- he was in Texas for work. It was great because he got to see his sister and family for a few days before working. I loved spending time with my family and friends! Although I mainly spent time with my mom and sister- I just wanted to be with them 24/7. I love those girls, including my new niece, Jenna!! Everyone was sweet to throw me a baby shower while I was there. Thanks to Kandy, Virginia, Nancee, my mom, Katie, Rachel, and Joann!

I have 3 weeks left until my due date! Everything has been going well. I feel very fortunate- this pregnancy has been a breeze for me- I really cannot complain. I have loved feeling pregnant. Cathy took maternity pictures of me last week- as soon as I get them, I will put them up! Randy and I went to my OB appointment last Wednesday- everything was great. My blood pressure has always been good, I tested negative for GBS, and I am 1cm dilated, almost to a 2. Last week, I was at a 1cm so no progression there but my ob said yesterday that I have thinned out a little more so that's good! We also got an ultrasound and that was great! It was a little shady because he doesn't have much room to move but it was still fun. What made me feel better after the ultrasound is the fact that he is in the right position. I did not want him to be breech!

Randy's been doing great with his job. He was out of town for a week but is home now. When he was out, he was working nights and sleeping in the daytime- yuck. He still has that schedule as of now but will be done with the different schedule next week. It has been weird adjusting to him staying up at night and feeling him slide into bed at 3, 4am.

We took a birthing class and that was fun! We are good to go. We packed my bag yesterday, already registered at the hospital, and slowly getting things done around the house before he comes. We're ready for you, Baby boy!

3 comments:

Gary and Angela said...

I cannot believe how soon you are due! We are so excited to see your little cutie. Dillon will be very excited too I am sure. We need to skype soon! We will try to do it this week!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Wow!!! Can't believe it is almost here! Can't wait to meet your little guy! Another Winward boy, fun!

Debi said...

I hope it's a great experience for you and everything goes well! You are going to be such a good little Mommy! ...and yes they do grow up way too fast, if only there were brakes.