Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.

I started my first day of class tonight. :-). I'm in the phlebotomy program at my local community college and I am so excited for it! Tonight was really fun, interesting, and a bit crazy at the same time. I started working with the needles tonight right away but I feel very confident in my skills and know I'll work hard at it. The fun thing, it's such a small world we live in! One of my instructors used to be my baton twirl coach when I was young as well as my sisters'. Christy knew me when I was about 6 and watched me grow for a couple of years until I went on to "better things," as I said back then. I went to elementary school with a girl in my class who happens to be my partner too! The only boy in the class, I knew him from 3 years ago when I went on a date with a boy and this boy was my date's best friend. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to this semester with everyone I know. As for other things...I went sky diving last Friday! It was incredible, amazing, fun, nervewracking, crazy, and many more. I'll put pictures on here. I really did love it and I am going to go again soon for sure but this time, bringing more people with me! Life is too short, everyone. If you say you want to do something, then DO IT. Don't be afraid to do anything. Take a chance, a risk. You never know what may come of it. Don't be afraid to cry. Call up someone. Write a note. Don't be afraid to love. "Love may not make the world go round but it's what makes the trip worthwhile." "He who has never loved isn't alive."

Other news: Me and Jenny are running a 5k next month! We started training last Friday (well, her and I together) and I've been running here and there since then. Let's hope I don't embarrass myself on the day of the run! I've been caring a bit less about what I eat because to me, I think it's because mentally, I can eat anything and since I'm running more, I can just even it out. I love steaks now; I have cravings for it more often. I never ate steak before until this summer, when Tyler and I went to his company dinners and steak there at the restaurants were so inviting. YUM!

I like writing online and typing as well. Sometimes I become really mushy and other times, I don't. But don't mind me. I actually find it therapeutic to type as much as I can and just write out all my thoughts online, especially when I am really tired then I'll just ramble on.....just like now. Yeah, I better go to bed!

No comments: