Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Yesterday was the one-year anniversary of my nana's passing. My family in Phoenix went to the cemetery with my grandpa. I don't know what they did there but knowing my family, I know it was fun but special at the same time. I wrote about Nana in a previous post (I don't know how to link it here) but I can tell you again that she was a very wise and special woman. She was amazing. Hands down. She taught me how to respect the elderly and also to respect myself. She'd take me grocery shopping with her a lot and allow me to buy one thing- whatever I wanted. It was usually goldfish or M&Ms. I miss Nana. I cried the day she passed. I cried at her funeral. Then I stopped crying. I hadn't cried for a whole year until last night, right before Randy and I fell asleep. It was nice, though, to get it out and have someone there hold me. Yesterday was also a special day because it was Nana's birthday. How rad is that? She passed away on her birthday. I'm sure she walked through the pearly gates and asked, "Where's my birthday cake?" I love you Nana! I'll see you someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It sure is nice to have someone to hold you, isn't it! We love you Megs! Sorry I never got to meet you nana, she sounds amazing!
Post a Comment