Last Saturday, Randy and I volunteered with some of his co-workers with Hart90, a dog and cat adoption program. We stood in front of PetCo for a few hours and each of us had our own dog. Lots of people came to check out the dogs and it was a lot of fun! Randy and I both love dogs- it was a fun experience for us. I had a black lab mix named Ruby- she was the MOST calmest lab I had seen considering I've had many labs growing up. Randy had a beautiful purebred white siberian husky with bright blue eyes named Xena. We turned the fun event into a funner event- our bet between the 2 of us was whoever can get a family to fill out an application for our dog doesn't have to make dinner the next night (Sunday). I got 2 families to do that, Randy got none so he made me Sunday dinner! :) It was a bit rushed since he went out on an exchange with the elders shortly after but still yummy.
I've been going out with the sister missionaries a bit. It's been really fun and a really interesting story. They're the spanish sisters so they go out and find families to teach the Gospel in spanish. They came across a family who spoke spanish but the kick is, one of their daughters who is 10, is deaf and uses Sign Language- she does not speak english nor spanish. However, Sister Downey graduated in ASL Interpretation from BYU so she was able to speak spanish to the whole family AND use sign language to the daughter, Gabriella. It soon became hard to do both and she heard about me through the elders in our ward. We got together for a lesson and it was so much fun! I've been helping Sister Downey interpret the lesson to Gabriella and her companion doesn't know sign language so sometimes I'll tell her what Sister Downey is saying. Yesterday was stake conference and Gabriella and her mom agreed to come. The rest of the family didn't come but that was okay. I picked them up and it was fun speaking in spanish to the mom then suddenly switching to sign language for Gabriella- quite a brain work out. :)
It's been cold here! I go running in the mornings and lately, I've been wanting to put on a sweater. It's really nice, though, and beautiful. Sorry, Arizonians! Oops Randy's here- I'm going to give him kisses all over then we're going to Olive Garden for dinner!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment