Monday, October 12, 2009

It is really late here- I can't really sleep and I'm not even feeling that tired (although my body may feel different once it hits my pillow) so I figured I'd update this blog.



I've been reading "Moroni's Promise" by Glenn L. Pearson. I can't really tell you much- I haven't gotten past the first page yet. :) I just started tonight but got a phone call so I didn't read more. Will do that tommorrow. I can't remember the book I just finished. I've also started reading "Jesus The Christ" by Talmage but for some reason, it's hard for me to get into that.



I pick up my parents at airport this Wednesday morning- excited! I have some things planned for us to do which I'm looking forward to but also some relaxing times, too. Plus, looking forward to my mom's spaghetti that she wants to make the first night she's here.



I started work last week. I work at Coldwater Creek, a high-end clothing store for older ladies near my place. I really like my co-workers and my supervisors. I've had good experiences there and have heard nothing but praise from supervisors. Donna said "If you keep this up, you'll be climbing up the management ladder in no time!" I've bought a few clothes from there- I get a really good discount. It's helped me alot, having a job, and I've had good hours so far. I told Amy I can't work on Sundays so she schedules me on Saturdays quite a bit but they're not all day hours which is nice.



Randy and I watched our cousins this past weekend at their place. Hannah (6), Ethan (9), and Mahea (13). It makes me tired just thinking about them :) I loved it, though. They're really good kids. While I worked last Saturday for 5 hours, Randy took them to my store and visited me- it made my day even better! We went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner, walked around Randy's work to see deer, watched a movie, Hannah and I played indoor baseball using a foam sword (halloween costume) and my invisible big bright white baseball, using pillows as bases. We also went to my ward and that was a lot of fun. Relief Society was AMAZING. I truly am grateful for the gospel and how it's helped me in so many ways. I got home this evening from our cousins' house to a quiet home and it was different. Nice to hear silence but I've come to understand, many times, that laughter from a child is a gift and a reminder to us all that it's okay to live life.



Randy is in Chicago right now! My parents fly in Wednesday morning, Randy flies in Wednesday evening and leaves Sunday evening so he can be with my parents and I for a few days. Parents go back Tuesday evening and Randy comes back a week and a half later, the 28th. I'm missing him already and am not used to sleeping by myself now. I even have the hall light on and his pillows are still on his side of the bed. We talked quite a bit tonight and read the scriptures together on the phone- it was nice (and cute!) to hear him read a few verses. Well, Randy'll be back before we know it. I'm working tomorrow and Tuesday so at least I won't be moping around the house. :)



Speaking of Chicago, I'M GOING THERE! Yes mum, we booked my flight tonight (via phone, of course). I leave Wednesday the 21st and fly back Saturday evening. I'm excited! Exxon pays for his hotel, rental car, and food so it is really nice because we don't have to pay for a hotel room for us and the rental car as well. As for my food, we'll have to pay for that ourselves but that's totally okay! I was wanting to drive there because I LOVE road trips and plus, I wanted to visit Jennie in MI (sorry Jennie, I miss ya!), but Randy was worried about me driving that far. But it does make sense....flying vs. driving was the same price and time: 2 hours vs. 12 hours. Whoopee! By the way, did you know Sears Tower is now named Willis Tower? Yup, that's your fact for the day. Good night.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

So . . . employee discount or not, aren't you a little too young to be wearing clothes from an "old Lady" clothing store??

Have fun with your family! We miss you.

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Holy cow it sounds like you guys are so crazy busy! Congrats on the job! Income is always a good thing and it keeps you busy!

So. You will love Chicago! It is so awesome! I was there last summer and had a blast! Make sure you guys got to Navy Pier and take a boat tour of the city. (You will not regret either!) Too bad you were not there a little longer or you could of driven out to Nauvoo!
Anyway! Have fun with your fam and in Chi Town! Tell Oprah I said hey!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Congrats on your new job! My mom loves Coldwater Creek! Enjoy having your parents and Chicago! We loved it there!

Bandanamom said...

My mother adores Coldwater Creek Meghan. :)

You know, I still have a hard time sleeping when Kirk is out of town. I don't know why - I don't mind being alone at all and I'm not afraid of it or anything like that. But you just get used to that other person being there and then it is weird when they aren't!

Good luck on your job. This is a fun adventure for you starting out your newly married life in Virginia. I'm excited for you guys!