Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Randy's in Chicago again for the next two weeks- they had an emergency at the plant and brought him there. So it's back to reading scriptures together and talking on skype. I'm excited for him to come home this weekend though. We'll meet up with each other at the Ritz-Carlton, go to his work party, and then spend a night in a hotel room at the Ritz. I'm excited! I know the Ritz-Carlton is really nice but I'm just excited to be in a hotel room with my husband and be in a totally different place. He'll leave again the following Monday and then hopefully, HOPEFULLY, he won't travel again for a while.

We flew into Phoenix 2 weeks ago for my sister's wedding! It was soooo great seeing everyone again, watching Katie get married, and just being back in Phoenix again. It was nice being back in a familiar place. However, once we got there, I thought to myself, "Wow the freeways are REALLY wide and...wow, it's a desert!" I knew it was a desert compared to other places but boy, it sure does remind you each time! I had such a great girls night out (Thank you, Rachel and Katie D!). I had a great time playing with Dillon, our newest nephew! I had a great time having "Thanksgiving dinner" with my family and Randys'. I had a great time being with Katie the hours before she was married- putting makeup on each other, and kneeling down together to say a prayer. I had a great time being tired and grouchy with Randy on our red-eye to go back home to DC but being silly at the same time. We were both tired, believe me.

My favorite memory lately to think back on has been Thanksgiving morning last week. Randy and I did not get out of bed for about 2 hours. We had nowhere to go in the morning so we spent the 2 hours in bed talking, laughing, tickling with each other, and cuddling. Best memory.

Anyways, I'm going to clean!

1 comment:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

You two are so mushy.

Glad you are hanging in there with him being gone so much!