So a few people called to ask how we found out I'm pregnant and got a few comments on it as well. So here it goes!
I think it was Jan. 4th or the 11th- I can't remember. I just remember it was a Monday because it was the Monday that Randy was leaving for Chicago. I had suspected a pregnancy the week prior since I had missed a period but I wasn't sure. I told myself I'd wait until later in the week to see if my period came. I also thought it'd be great to test myself on Friday, the day Randy came home, because if it was positive, I could tell him in a really fun, exciting, welcome-home way. Anyways, I woke up Monday morning at 5am to use the bathroom. As I was walking to the bathroom, I had the thought to take a test. I thought, "Nah!" I had the thought again so I took the test. Upon placing the test on the counter, I went back to bed and fell asleep. Five-ten minutes later, I woke up remembering I had taken a test. "I should go find out what it is!" I sure was tired. I went back and sure enough, it was positive. So I woke up Randy, holding up the test in front of him. He woke up completely incoherent and said, "What the heck?" He rubbed his eyes, looked at the test, then at me, then the test, then me, then asked, "Is that positive?" I said "yes," he said, "wow!" then we cuddled and went to sleep. That's it. haha.
Randy was gone in Chicago that whole week so the only form of communication we had was the phone so we talked every night. It was nice to have him come home- we missed each other. I think it was good because it allowed us both to have some time apart but also, to realize that our lives will change in 6 months. :) Randy said when he came home and saw me, he immediately saw me not as the woman before but as a mom now.
We're so excited for this new chapter in our lives and as I start showing now, it becomes more real. I've been lucky compared to other women in regards to morning sickness and all that. I've thrown up only a few times and some nauseousness. The only thing that's constant is running to the bathroom at night and everywhere I go. Last week at the mall, I went twice- I was only there for 30 minutes. Oy! Nevertheless, we're looking forward to having a little kid around here! My next appointment is April 1st (yes, Aprils Fools), then we find out the gender near the end of April. Wahoo!
1 comment:
CONGRATS!! We are so excited for you. Kids are the best!!
Post a Comment