Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A year

A year has gone by sine Benjamin was born! I'm so sad! But I'm so anxious for him to grow up at the same time. Is that bad? I just love that little squirt so much.
His one-year old party was fun! A lot of people that I had invited didn't come but I blame it on evite- I sent out evites 2 1/2 weeks prior to the party then got a notification from Evite 5 days before the party saying it never sent out the evites. Whoa! I'm still grateful to those of you who showed up (last minute!).

Benjamin devoured the entire cupcake. Even tried to eat the wrapper. He bawled when I took it from him. That's devotion to you.

We did something that is an Asian/Chinese tradition. You lay out 3-4 items (can be anything- pencil, book, ball) and whichever item the baby crawls to first is what they will do later in life. We were curious so we laid out a dollar bill, a pencil, Book of Mormon, and a little football. Guess what he crawled to? The football? Nope. The dollar bill!

He was more interested in the wrapping paper than the presents itself but most babies are like that. He got Hooked On Phonics for reading, some clothes, some books, a musical walker and bean bag chair from my mom, and more clothes (specially pajamas, which he needed since he grew taller all of a sudden).


  • He has always been such a good eater
  • Only thing he doesn't like are hard-boiled eggs
  • He loves salmon, brown rice, broccoli, goldfish, pancakes, scrambled eggs, bananas, apples (I will give him a whole apple and he will eat the whole thing plus the core if I didn't take that away from him).
  • He loves music. Loves it. But doesn't like the radio on in the car. Huh?
  • Loves to take Sophie's bone and toys and then crawl away real fast before she notices it.
  • He has always been such a good sleeper. Goes down at 730-8pm and wakes up usually between 9-10am.
  • Would rather be outside than inside.
  • Would rather be in his diaper than clothes.
  • He likes to suck on lemons
  • He has muscles. They stand out. People have asked me if I give him muscle milk. What?
  • He has 6 teeth right now with one currently coming in.
  • He is mostly quiet during sacrament talks and songs but gets so loud during prayers. Fun.
  • He loves to lay on my shoulder during reading time before bed. This is the only time he will cuddle with me.
I miss my baby! However, I'm so excited for the toddler years. Bring it on!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Yea for updates! It has been a while! And wow, what a year! Happy Birthday to Benjamin! It's hard to see your baby grow up, but at the same time you're so excited for what lies ahead. I totally get it. It kind of pulls you apart.

Cynthia said...

Every year past is sad, but every year ahead is exciting. Why can't we just be happy about everything?? I don't know. What a great little mom you are!

Unknown said...

Crazy! Can't believe all these fun facts about him. We need pictures so we can see how big he is!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

I miss your baby too! Hope we get to see you soon! Have a wonderful Christmas, we will be thinking about you!