Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bridal Party

June 8, 2008. That is the date. It's a Sunday. It's the day Michelle gets MARRIED! YEAH! Michelle was my interpreter the first semester I went to Phoenix College after high school. I become close with all my interpreters, no matter who they are, but with Michelle, her and I immediately bonded. When we met, her and her fiancee, Drew, had been dating for 3 months. Now it's been 2 years later and they are engaged! He proposed to her last fall while in Lake Tahoe. The proposal was really sweet and absolutely caught Michelle by surprise. Go Drew! Michelle's been through a lot with me. She's been through 3 ex boyfriends of mine, never meeting all but one (what's up with that?!) and we occasionally go out to lunch together. I'm her workout buddy. She wanted to get in shape for her wedding so she asked me to work out with her since I'm an active person and it's been great so far! We work out about 4-5 days a week or so. We go to the gym a lot, working on the machines and once in a while, take fun classes. We change it around a lot, though. I like to have some variety so sometimes, we'll walk for miles in my neighborhood or ride bikes. Her and I have confided in each other alot. She's 24, Drew 25, and they are just the cutest couple ever! They are getting married in Lake Tahoe so I'll be driving up on the 7th and coming back on the 9th of June. It's a long drive but worth it for Michelle. Kyle, my friend, will be coming up with me, so at least I won't be driving the whole time! Kama and Kim threw Michelle a bridal shower this month. Here are a few pictures from a game we played. We split everyone up in groups of 3. In each group, a model had to be chosen, and the other 2 had to use up ALL 3 rolls of toilet paper and make a wedding dress! Michelle was the judge. Unfortunately, my dress that Kama and Katie designed on me wasn't chosen. I wouldn't have chosen it either, to be honest, but it was fun!
Jamie (in blue), Kim (in dress), and Marissa

Katie, Lindsay, and Amanda (short hair)

Me, Katie, and Kama (in dress)
I took off my shirt to make it easier for them. Oohlala.

Marissa. The shower was held at her house. Her husband designed that work of art behind her!



Elizabeth

The contestants!

Michelle's mom!

Katie!

The lovely bride!

No comments: