I have been traveling alot and couldn't love it more. There's something about going back to a recognized place and reliving memories or visiting a new place and making new memories. Last weekend, I went to Lake Tahoe for Michelle's wedding. Lake Tahoe is BEAUTIFUL.
I flew out Friday, the 6th, and came back Monday the 9th. It was AMAZING. Michelle and Drew are absolutely perfect for each other and I am truly, truly happy for them. They have been through a lot and to know and see that they still love each other despite it all is great. It gives me hope. I love Drew's smile in this picture; he had tears in his eyes watching her walk down the aisle.
I met up with old friends and made many new friends. My, I even developed a new crush of the week but hey, what is new? ;)
Travis and I.
Even though it was a great time, I was so wiped out by the end of the night each night I was there. Rehearsals, parties, making sure everyone is comfortable and having everything they need, helping Todd, the DJ, and Brian, the photographer, being a designated driver every night, etc. I actually got a little sick when I came home; all my body needed/wanted was sleep so I gave my body that and I felt so much better. I made the cake topping! It looked GREAT. I worried about it a lot beforehand; I can be a perfectionist sometimes when it comes to crafts. Michelle wanted me to make their initials and put it on top of the cake. So I did. The wedding font was traced on the scrap pine wood I had gotten from Home Depot (Home Depot is great if you want wood; they give it all away when they don't need it or have too much extras!), then used a jigsaw to cut them out, sanded it, and painted it black. Thanks to Rachel and David for your help with the tracing and the jigsaw! Rachel left me alone after I relearned how to use the jigsaw and it was actually nice. Just me and the jigsaw working together in a workshop. I felt like a powerful woman. haha. I didn't mind at all getting dirty. It was worth it seeing Michelle's face when she saw the letters on top of the cake. Speaking of which, I took little sticks, wrapped them in black ribbon, taped the sticks on the back of the letters, and then staked it on top of the cake with little fresh flowers surrounding it. I'll include a picture.
Tomorrow (Sunday), I'm leaving to go to Catalina Island with Rachel and her family! I am so stoked about this; I went to Catalina Island freshman year with some classmates from school but I didn't do a lot. I was a scaredy chicken back then. This time, I want to do everything we have planned!
Some of you may know that I applied to a dental hygiene school in Utah last February. I never announced on here that I got accepted as an alternate, meaning if someone drops out of the program, the school will call me and I will have the option to accept it or not. However, I don't know where on the list of alternates I am. The school only accepts 50 students so if I'm #2o on the list, forget it. Thirty people are not going to suddenly drop out. If they call me, I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to say no. I just feel this isn't my time yet to leave. I don't feel anything about Utah. I feel I'm supposed to be somewhere else but I just don't know what. I do plan on moving out this late fall, though! Either Mesa or Tempe but I prefer Mesa.
I started a dental assisting program two weeks ago and I LOVE IT! I seriously do. I will finish in about 5 months. I love all my teachers and my classmates. There are only 5 of us. 3 girls, 2 boys. Jill, Layla, me, Brandon, and James H. We all get along amazingly well. Brandon and I are carpool lunch buddies so whenever we don't bring food from home, we carpool to a place where we can sit down, eat, and talk. I love it. James is very smart, he's 24, graduated from ASU already and plans on being a dentist. Maybe I could work for him...hmm. He's very quiet and studious but he is opening up a lot to us, especially me. He asks me once in a while what a word in sign language is and likes to sign to me now haha. He does have the most perfect nose I have ever seen. Rachel, don't say anything about this; I know you think that's weird!
I got glasses last week. Yes yes, I got glasses. You read that right. I finally took an eye exam and the optometrist said I am nearsighted. He gave me a light prescription and I picked out my own pair, which was very exciting. The doctor said it's not too bad but it will help and boy it does help! I didn't realize how weak my nearsightedness was. Once I got my glasses, the world was so much colorful and all the colors stood out. I felt like I was truly seeing the world for the first time. Seriously. I notice everything now. I test my eyesight sometimes to really convince myself that the glasses do help. :) I do not wear them all the time. My eyesight is perfectly fine otherwise. I can use them while driving at night, in movie theaters, and/or in class.
No comments:
Post a Comment