Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sometimes you stand alone in what you believe in.

I have found in my time apart from my usual routine, giving myself time to contemplate all that has happened recently - I have discovered that not everyone will always understand the things you believe in. Not just in religious beliefs, but in personal beliefs and revelations or inspirations.

Why do I feel so strongly about ‘this‘?

It’s hard to explain, but I just have a knowing. That’s all I can say. It’s not like I can honestly say, “I think this is true…” No, that would be an outright lie. This is a different feeling… this is a feeling so powerful that undoubtedly I KNOW this is a true and honest feeling.

It was a shock to my system to all of a sudden feel alone. I can see how someone would quickly take back such a strong feeling to give in to whomever was separating themselves from them. It’s not fun to be alone, it’s scary, it’s confusing in the fact that when you feel such a truth in your thoughts, feelings and beliefs you automatically assume that everyone would agree or see it how you see it. That’s not always the case.

Sometimes, I feel that God tests my faith and determination. I feel that sometimes you stand alone in life when those close to you just don’t understand your feelings. I feel that God also tests your loved ones in trust and faith as well. Because I may not always understand why they feel so strongly about ‘that‘, but I just have to trust that their feelings are real. Compromise is sometimes the hard part. There is always a middle ground. Does it have to be a win lose situation? I believe that it should not be a win lose. A middle ground means that on both sides a need is met. Through that, faith that the other person will keep their end of the agreement and trust that their feelings are true and honest. Communication is also key. Without clear and calm communication - the Spirit cannot reside within contention, therefore Satan wins and takes advantage of the anger that creates ill feelings, grudges and a withholding of love and understanding. That can result in permanent damage until humility and love is present and forgiveness is given. A willingness to commit to all things resulting in love - will create peace and solitude where everyone can be happy and satisfied.

I also believe that with enough love, all things are possible and anything can be cured by love:

There is no difficulty that enough love will not conquer;
No disease that enough love can not heal;
No door that enough love will not open;
No gulf that enough love will not bridge;
No wall that enough love will not throw down;
No sin that enough love will not redeem.

It makes no difference how deeply seated may be the trouble,
How hopeless the outlook,
How great the mistake;
A sufficient realization of love will dissolve it all.

If only you could love enough you would be the happiest
And most powerful being in the world.
–Emmett Fox

God is ALWAYS there. There to be with you when you feel alone on earth.

What I found confusing and frustrating - I quickly whirlwinded into an area of a state of non-reality. I didn’t feel that people were hearing me or truly understanding how important I felt about the matter at hand.

We can’t always expect people to feel your same feelings or always agree with you. That is what I really understood on all levels of life.

Sometimes you just stand alone in your beliefs. Is that a bad thing? No.

I feel, if anything - it makes you a stronger person.

Hel. 10: 1, 4
1 And it came to pass that there arose a division among the people, insomuch that they divided hither and thither and went their ways, leaving Nephi alone, as he was standing in the midst of them.
4 aBlessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with bunwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my dwill, and to keep my commandments.

Mosiah 24: 14
14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.

Hel. 5: 12
12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you ever take pics of you heels for me ? :)

Rachel Helton said...

Amen.

Niki Yan said...

There is no difficulty that enough love will not conquer;
No disease that enough love can not heal;
No door that enough love will not open;
No gulf that enough love will not bridge;
No wall that enough love will not throw down;
No sin that enough love will not redeem.

It makes no difference how deeply seated may be the trouble,
How hopeless the outlook,
How great the mistake;
A sufficient realization of love will dissolve it all.

If only you could love enough you would be the happiest
And most powerful being in the world.
–Emmett Fox

Love it!!! I saw this quote from Louise Hay's book : The power within...it is VERY powerful & it is TRUE...glad you understand it, yes, we are LOVE, LOVE can make the impossible possible, & ALL is HERE