Tuesday, January 12, 2010

This is the first of many posts I updated y'all on. So keep on reading down!

Funny but sad story:

We had a huge blizzard here the weekend before Christmas- 19 inches. EVERYTHING was shut down and grocery stores were running out of milk and bread (luckily, I had gone grocery shopping a few days prior). It was NUTS! Randy and I were stuck at our place- our streets were not plowed for a while and we had to shovel the snow out. That was fun but anyways, I grew up playing in the snow all the time every winter and wanted to go out. Randy and I got dressed to the max, visited some ward friends of us down the street, then I started to not feel my hands- found out later, I had a hole in one of the fingers of the gloves (haha) so I started running down the street in the snow on my way back to my place. I put our camera into my pocket of my long jacket and started hopping/running. Randy started chasing after me so we were both throwing snow at each other while hopping (snow was really deep- you couldn't walk through). All of a sudden, Randy got in front of me, I pushed him into the snow, and what do ya know? He pulled me down with him. So we both laughed like little kids, made snow angels, and then proceeded to go back to our warm haven. Right before we walked into the door, I noticed that....THE CAMERA was not in my pocket anymore! Randy didn't believe me but I didn't care- I had to find that camera! So we searched for about 15 minutes then I searched myself for another half hour. We couldn't find it. Our mistake- the camera was silver and our case cover was clear white. Boo-hoo! I loved that camera! We had taken fun pictures that day so I was sad to not have that. We have 2 scenarios- it fell out as I hopped in the snow or it fell out when Randy pulled me into the snow. That camera is gone. Once we arrived into Phoenix, we looked at a few stores for the same camera but they weren't making it anymore so we got a newer one- Casio from Costco. We used it for a few days, didn't like it, and took it back once we came back home to VA. We found the same camera we had- Canon SD1000- online and ordered it. It came a few days ago and we are in love with it! We will definitely be using our camera for fun things in the next few months that are coming up but we have learned our mistake! Well...really...my mistake. Randy's just a bystander, I guess. Lucky boy.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Ha--Jack put our camera in the washer a week and half ago! Yeah, it was ruined, but oddly enough the memory card still had photos on it--we had to buy a new one right away because we took the fam to Disneyland the next week. The things we do for things!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Sorry to hear about your camera! Once all the snow melts maybe you will fine it?! :) Glad you got a new one that you like! Can't wait to see pictures from it!