Tuesday, February 2, 2010

So I believe I have slowly come to be a bit of an Eastern snob. By this, I do not mean I'm now a crazy driver on the road or I buy only high-end clothing. By this, I mean.....Shoes. It snowed this past weekend and everyone has been walking into the apartment with wet shoes. I always am barefoot or have socks on in my place so my feet are constantly getting wet. Over here, it's common to take off your shoes when you walk into someone's home. In the west, people do not really do that. Every time Randy walks into the house with wet shoes, I tell him to take them off. I have a small towel lying on the tile by the door where the shoes go on until they're dry. In the past, I have not cared at all about people walking in with shoes. But it has really driven me crazy when Randy walks in with set shoes allllllllllllllllllllllllllll over the place and I get my socks wet. I guess I could put on shoes but I don't like wearing shoes in my house. I'm crazy, aren't I?

3 comments:

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

I am with you! Except I don't wear socks here. But when my feet get wet, I leave little black streaks on my white floors! We can be snobs together!

Katie said...

hmm maybe i should think about that more often...i don't think it ever even crosses my mind to take off my shoes when I walk through a door:)

Noelle said...

I totally agree! Because of the snow in Flagstaff my roommates and I just gave in and put a shoe rack right next to the door because we all hate wet carpet!