I don't have much time to write. School study beckons. I just wanted to update you all on how my interview went last week!
My plane left last Wednesday at 10 and I arrived at noon. Everything went easy-peasy. I love flight friends. Havilah and her sweet 2-year old daughter, Amelia, met me at the airport in Salt Lake. Last time I had seen them was in the hospital when Amelia was born. We went back to their house and I relaxed and then prepped myself for my interview, which was at 5:30pm. Havilah lives in Salt lake and the school is in Orem so we left early for Orem, had lunch right next to the school, and then Havilah dropped me off at the school. I walked into the school building awaiting my doom. It actually went well! I was the first one there, which some people may view as good but I don't view it all that well, being the first one. I walked into a room and met the college president, the vice president, and the assistant to both of them. I think I impressed the college president quite well. Let me explain. Before I left for Salt Lake, I printed out a list of the names and pictures of the faculty staff and memorized them on the plane ride. I knew each name and face, what they do at the school, and what they like to do in their free time. When I walked into the room, I recognized the college president immediately. He did not tell me what he did. All he said was "Hi, I'm Dr. Molen. Nice to meet you." I replied "Oh, you are the college president. Nice to meet you too." He had a small surprised look on his face. Anyhow, after the interview, which took about 20 minutes, I took a 12-minute timed scholastic test, testing my ability on how well I can read English and how fast I can process the questions in my brain. That was interesting. After all that, I called Havilah to come and pick me up because she was staying at her cousin's house nearby, waiting for me. I couldn't get a hold of her! Nor could I get ahold of my friend Trevor. Well, guess what? The secretary of the school took me to Havilah's cousin's house! That was fun because her and I got to talk. Hopefully she'll throw in a good word for me. When I got to Havilah's cousin's house, Trevor called me back. His phone had been dead. Trevor and his family live in Provo but for a few years, his family lived in Phoenix. His dad is the former mission president of the Mesa Arizona Mission. Anyone remember President Watson? Well, that's his dad! Trevor and I went on a few dates before he left on his mission to Brazil and he came back 4 months ago. He picked me up and we went to the BYU creamery! That was fun and they have delicious ice cream. On our way back, we drove by the Seagull bookstore. It's very similiar to Deseret Bookstore (they're both LDS). I mentioned that I had never been there before so Trevor spontaneously pulled into the parking lot and we spent a good half hour walking inside the store, checking out everything. The next morning, my plane left at 6:10am and I arrived in Phoenix at 7:45am. My dad and his secretary met me at the airport in 2 cars. I took one car and drove straight to school, making it in time for my 8:30am class! My teacher was amazed I came in early.
I hope everyone is doing well! I miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment