Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A few weeks ago, I took the Spanish sisters out for a trip in DC for a few hours. It was fun, we enjoyed the Smithsonian museums, and eating hot dogs from a vendor. I've been working with them in the Spanish branch with a little girl who is deaf.

This past weekend has been NUTS. We got 30 inches of snow and the boss got 34 inches on her back patio. Needless to say, Randy and I have been somewhat stuck in our apartment this past weekend. Luckily, we were stocked up on food since I had gone shopping a few days prior. We went to Home Depot last Thursday to get a snow shovel and what do you know? They were out! We called Walmart and K-mart- their answering machine said, "Hello. Thank you for calling Wal-mart. We're out of shovels. Do not drive. Thank you." Randy and I went outside each day as to not develop cabin fever had fun visiting people. We went to the Sparks for the superbowl and had breakfast for dinner- thanks guys! I was craving pickle spears so Randy and I went out to a diner and I had my pickle spear with my hamburger- it was yummy!! We had plans to visit Mount Vernon but was disrupted by the storm. Oh well. Since we didn't go out much, we had plenty of time to organize our place. We changed things around in the second bedroom and utlilized all our closet space really well. We also went to Home Depot, got some wood, and created another shelf in our laundry room. I love it! We also had a little cabinet next to our butcher table- it had food storage in it that I regularly use. We utilized our closet storage near the kitchen and put the cabinet in there so now the kitchen is more wide and open. Once again, I love it. There's something about making your home a good, spiritual place to dwell and that's what I strive to do constantly. Although it is much, much easier to let all that go! :)

Date night-we drove to Alexandria, visited a frozen lake, and had hot chocolate.
Do you know what the object is underneath all that snow in the picture below?
Our car!
Walkaway from our place to the car.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Wow--so much for global warming huh? :) You guys are such a cute couple it's fun to see your goings ons!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Crazy!! Glad you got all organized! That must feel good!