I am now a
certified PHLEBOTOMIST.
I got my certificate last Wednesday, on Halloween!
How ironic is that? I'm now a vampire, a bloodsucker, whatever name YOU can come up with.
It's an unofficial certificate; I get my official one in December, after the state has
looked over all my class/clinical work.
I have my certificate. NOW WHAT?
This week, I've been looking at jobs in hospitals, doctor's offices, clinics, etc.
I'd much rather work at an hospital BUT in the outpatient clinic area.
That's where the regulars go. That's where I get to know them. That's where they get to know me.
In clinicals, I knew their life stories, how they met their spouses, what they got out of their divorces (and some were pretty sneaky about that!), and even their children's names. I felt sympathy for them when they described their diseases, their illnesses, but felt happiness when they told stories about trying something new because LIFE IS TOO SHORT.
So I've been looking online. If only I could get out there and talk to people at the places. I knew it would be hard to contact them but I didn't think it would feel impossible. To be honest, I'm a bit lazy right now to keep doing that. But there's a reason why I obtained this certificate. There's a reason why I worked at it, why I took a semester off of doing my dental hygiene prerequisites so I could do this. I WANTED to do this. So I will. I just have to get off my big, fat booty.
1 comment:
WOOOHOO!!! I'm so proud of you. :) you're awesome!!!
Post a Comment