Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I can't wait

To be a....
MOM
mama
mommy
madre
mamo
Being a mom is what I want more than anything in the world. It's precious. Forget everything else that is happening in my life. Being a mom is what I want to strive for. I want to raise my children in the gospel. Teach them about Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. Tell them that we are all his children. I want to teach them what hard work means. I can't wait to watch them grow up. I know it will go by fast; I plan to treasure every moment. I can't wait to see their first steps, hear their first "dada" and "mama." I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they see their new puppy for christmas. I can't wait to teach them how to cook, do laundry, wash the windows. I'm looking forward to them helping me do the dishes. I can't wait to take them camping with me and my husband. I'm looking forward to my husband teaching them how to ride a four-wheeler (with me in the background, anxiously biting my nails in nervousness for their safety), how to steer a canoe, tie a knot, and set up a tent. I'm looking forward to my husband and I teaching our kids how to ride a bike without the extra wheels. I can't wait to teach them what respect means and how it should be a part of them. I'm looking forward to my kids looking up to their father and watching him being faithful and respectful in his church callings, in his work, and in his relationship to me. I can't wait to see my kids say their first prayer in FHE and in primary. I can't wait to hear their first testimony in sacrament. I'm not looking forward to their graduation from middle and high school and from college. It just means they'll be growing up too fast. I'm looking forward to seeing my children kneel in the temple, about to marry their loved one for time and for all eternity. I want to watch them sleep peacefully in their own beds. I will hug them every day. I will gladly hang up their paintings on the refrigerator door. I will be very patient. I will encourage them to try new things and new foods. In doing so, I'll encourage myself to do just the same. My husband and I will travel to many places with our children, meet all kinds of different people to show them that we are all just the same. I want them to love nature. I want them to be reared in righteousness. I can't wait to have family scripture reading with them and helping them read along. When they make mistakes once in a while, then great. That's how they will learn. I will not be there every single minute to help them through every single decision but I will be there at the end to encourage them and just simply be in their presence. I want them to treasure family so much. Family is a huge part of me; I love my family and I want my children to value family. They will because my husband and I will value family and be with both our families. We'll have sunday dinner parties, holiday get-togethers of course, playdates with cousins, nieces, and nephews, walks to the park, and having all the kiddies come over to my house so I can teach them how to make cookies. I look forward to ALL that plus more. I know raising kids isn't all peaches but it's all worth it. I'm not ready for motherhood yet. Give me a while with my husband so he and I can do a lot of things (sleep included!) before kids come into the picture. I don't want to wait a long time after marriage before having kids. I want 4-5 kids. That's a good number. If my husband wants 6, okay, I'll go for that (I probably will change my mind after the 1st baby!). But 4-5 is good for me. I already know what names I want. C'mon...I'm a girl. Obviously I already know what names I like and dislike for my kids. I want to be a dental hygienist. There are many things I want to do, to become, but I chose dental hygiene because it's a great career. It's the 7th largest growing industry in America and it will continue to grow. It pays between $55,000-$70,000 a year, no matter what level of degree someone has. Over 50% of dental hygienists work 3 days or less. On average, 2 days. That is GREAT. I want to be a stay at home mom. I can't wait to hear my husband come home to a hot meal on the table (even that may include pizza takeout every once in a while, if not, rarely) and hearing stories from him as well as from the kids on how their day went. I don't know if I should be thinking about all this yet. After all, I am 19. I'll be 20 in April. People get married at 19. It's true. I don't want to marry at 19. Nope. But I can't wait to go through the pregnancy. I'm going to look fabulous preggo! We all do and will. My fat on my stomach is going to be a nice cushion for the babies. :-).
It's late and I need to be going to bed. I tend to ramble on and keep talking on here and in person until someone stops me or falls asleep. But alas, everyone in my house is asleep.
Pretty much, I can't wait to be a....
MOM
mama
mommy
madre
mamo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Billy and I already have our kids names:

Roxanne Maeve Devey
Arthur James Devey
Savvy Jane Devey
Delilah Ann Devey

the arthur one is my moms dads name, i never met him, he died WAY before me but i thought i would being it back.
we will have to think up more boy names.... haha. but billy doesnt think he can make boys, only girls.

i cant wait either! i hope it happens soon.... very very soon :)

Rachel Helton said...

AMEN. I agree with everything you said. It's definitely something to look forward to but at the same time, it's overwhelming! I just hope that at every moment I'll be striving to be the best parent, and the best wife I can be. It's going to be tough! But OH so rewarding. Definitely the most rewarding thing in life, by far.

Jennie said...

Your so cute Meghan! I remember feeling the exact same way before I got married. Those are great & righteous desires! They'll be yours too someday soon too!

Love you! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Carolyn said...

I didn't know you are only 19! You seem very mature for 19! Did you know I am a DECADE older than you? Anyway, thanks for the inspiration you gave me this morning--being a mom, I need to constantly remember how speical and precious my little ones are--thanks for the reminder and I am sure you will soon be one yourself!

Meghan and Randy said...

Jen, those names are great! I think it's wonderful you want to name your son Arthur. You never know, Billy just might make a boy! It's funny, I have more boy names I can think up of right now, more than girl names. Thanks, Rach and Jennie! Carolyn, how old did you think I was? Haha yes I knew you are a decade older than me but you don't look it, you look incredible! Your kids are very special and you're a great mom. I'm glad my post served as a reminder for you.

Unknown said...

mmm...I think Rhett is 22. :)