Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Weekend

This past weekend, I watched Lane (11yrs.) and Levi (3yrs.) at their house while their parents, Rana and Jason, were out of town. I picked them up Friday night from Lindys and took them out to dinner with my whole family. In the middle of dinner, Levi started not feeling well so I decided it'd be best to bag our dinner and go back to their house so Levi could take it easy. HAH. When we got home, Levi completely changed. He went from a quiet, irritable, and shy little boy to what made me feel like I was onstage at a rock band concert.

This is such a cute story. Last Saturday morning, I woke up to someone calling me and nudging me in bed. It was Levi. At 5am in the morning. Ay yi yi! I immediately thought maybe he wanted to sleep with me because the last time I watched him overnight, he crawled into bed with me while I was sleeping and slept the whole night with me. So I scooted to make room for him when he started crying. That was when I completely woke up and asked him what was wrong.
*sniffs* Where's *sniffs* Lannnnnnnnne? *sniffs*
"I don't know, honey. Let's go find him."
Levi and I walked all throughout the house, hand in hand, and even looked outside into the backyard. By this time, he was getting pretty distraught. I then asked him a question that I should have asked in the first place. haha. "Did you check Lane's bed?"
Levi got quiet for a little bit.....
Then he ran to his room and I followed after him. Note that was at 5am in the morning. I was darn tired and drowsy so I didn't even think to ask him that question at first. Levi saw Lane in bed, crawled into bed with him, and I dragged myself back to the bed and slept for another hour.
Saturday, the three of us went to the park, fed the ducks, and played on the jungle gym. Afterwards, we went to my house for lunch and then walked to a block party that was happening in my block, for my street, and all the surrounding streets around me. It was our fourth annual block party and how fun it was! I'll post some pictures in the next blog when I can. The boys had such great fun playing with kids their age. I'm sure they were tired of me already. It was great playing bingo, meeting new people, and introducing everyone to the newbies. We came home after that and Levi fell asleep on the couch at 7. YEAH! I carried him to his bed and Lane and I had a fun time after that, playing games for a while.
Sunday morning, I took Levi with me to go pick up Rana, Jason, and two other couples at the airport. The boys were happy to see their parents! It was a good weekend. Sunday night, my family and I had a party at my house with so many people over for dinner. This time, we had some of my dad's family come! It was great! I don't see them too often, most times only at our annual Pennell Christmas parties and weddings. I realized after everyone left, that I missed Lane and Levi already. You can live with kids but then again, you just can't live without them!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

CONGRATS on your completion! I'm so proud of you!

That's such a cute story about the kids you watched. Boy, your days are sure jam packed with activities!