Saturday, November 10, 2007

Scarve no more.

Dumb dog.

I started knitting a scarve yesterday morning. My first time. I was so excited. Sandy Brandt taught me and she even gave me her weaving loom to borrow. So I've been at work knitting this past day and a half. Actually, it doesn't feel like work....I love it. I was knitting today when I decided to take a break and go on a drive with my dad in my car so I set my stuff on the couch. When I came back not even ten minutes later, my yarn and loom was gone. I looked outside and there it was....right alongside my dogs! I tried to pick up the yarn but the dogs got excited and wanted to play so they circled around me so many times, they got caught up in the yarn, thus making me all tied up. This went on for more than 15 minutes. Gah. I literally picked up Dolly, my 80 lb. puppy, and carried her to the other side of the yard and said "STAY."

The weaving loom is broken. I will have to buy another one and another roll of yarn. I will have to start all over. Crapola. adfkjt&*(^&^%&*^)Fdkuc*awqisl. I've learned my lesson, ladies and gentlemen. Never leave your yarn on the couch or your dumb dogs will get into it. No, never leave your yarn anywhere where they can crawl to, jump to, or climb to. It's like...babyproofing the house but no babies.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Meghan,
Having a new puppy, I can totally relate! However, we haven't had too much of that because we have a kennel. It really is a great way to potty train and give them a little safe "den' of their own. Caspian sometimes just goes to his kennel when he wants his own "me time". So, that would be my suggestion--unless you already have one of course, and if so, I feel rather silly for my little doggie lecture. Have a great day!
Carolyn
P.S. I'll get those pics to you today!

Rachel Helton said...

i would get mad too. but no worries! i know you're going to start anew. :)

Meghan and Randy said...

Thanks, Carolyn, for your doggie lecture! We actually do not have a kennel. We've had many, many dogs in the past and have never used one. Is Caspian always in the house? Our dogs are outside dogs but we always bring them inside at night. They bark all the time and the neighbors behind us have complained; we just can't get them to stop barking at night, despite what we've tried. They're really getting much better inside the house now. Dolly doesn't have any more accidents; now when she needs to go, she'll stay by the back door and bark a few times. She's never had an accident at night when she's inside. We've learned to pick up a lot in the living room because the next morning, it might disappear! :-) Lemon, our other dog, is older and he knows more how to act in our house but ever since we got Dolly this past June, he's backtracked a little bit. It's the influence of the little devil Dolly. I woke up one time in the middle of the night to make sure the doors were locked (a little habit of mine) and I found both dogs sleeping on the couch! They thought they could get away with it. Those sneaksters. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll pass it along to my dad and see what he thinks.